Take your regular medications (except aspirin or aspirin products, ibuprofen, Naprosyn, etc.), unless otherwise informed.
DIET/BOWEL PREP: (THE DAY BEFORE YOUR SURGERY):
-Follow a light-soft diet such as soups, light sandwiches, clear liquids, etc. After lunch, do clear liquids only. Clear liquids are anything you can see print throught – water, soda, juices such as apple, cranberry, soup broths, etc.
· Take 3 Dulcolax laxative tablets at 11 AM the day before surgery.
· Feet Enema at 6 PM. Use as directed by the instructions on the box.
-Drink plenty of fluids the day prior to surgery and avoid dairy products the day prior to surgery--milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.
· DO NOT eat or drink anything after MIDNIGHT the night before surgery (including water, juice, coffee, chewing gum, Lifesavers, etc.)
· You are allowed to have a sip of water with your medications (no more than 1-2 ounces of water). Failure to do this may delay or require us to cancel your surgery.
· NO alcoholic beverages 48 hours before or after surgery.
(You can get the Dulcolax tablets and Fleet Enema at any drugstore, Wal-Mart, Walgreens, etc.)
*Nothing to eat or drink after midnight before your procedure.
REMEMBER –No Aspirin, aspirin products, ibuprofen, naprosyn, etc. 7-10 days before your surgery!!!!!